Before diving into the building process of 71374 LEGO® Nintendo Entertainment System in our next post, let's first take a look at its parts – starting with the new moulds that have been introduced for the set.
New moulds in LEGO set 71374
Tile Special 2 x 4 with Pixelated Mario Print (6326919 | 73210)
The most obvious new element in the set is the Tile Special 2 x 4 with Pixelated Mario Print, on a Sand Yellow/ Dark Tan base. It's a very specialised element and, unsurprisingly, it's only available with an Pixelated Mario print. The back of the tile features an anti-stud tube for attaching it to other parts.
Plate 1 x 4 with 2 Bottom Pins (6317182 | 68382)
Although not strictly a POOP (Part Out of Other Parts) due to the presence of hollow studs, it could be approximated using a 1x4 Plate (3710) and two Technic Pins with Knob (4274). This new mould offers a considerable advantage over this assembly when it comes to the strength of the pins relative to the plate.
With an ample 30 copies of this element included in 71374, there are plenty for builders to play around with.
Here are some explorations using the new element.
Tile 2x6 (69729)
Recolours in the LEGO NESNew moulds aren't the only thing that 71374 offers builders. A number of parts in new colours also appear in this kit.
- Turntable 2 x 2 Female (6310981 | 27448), appearing once.
- Plate Round 1 x 1 with Open Stud and Bar on Underside (6318701 | 25893), appearing twice.
- Panel 1 x 6 x 5 (6318733 | 59349), appearing four times.
- Tile 6 x 6 with Bottom Tubes (6318735 | 10202), appearing eight times.
In addition to the elements above, Plate Special 2 x 4 with Groove and Two Center Studs (Jumper) in Dark Bluish Gray (6307616 | 65509) appears here for the first time, with two copies of this element included in the set. Two copies of Tile Round 1 x 1 in Spring Yellowish Green/ Yellowish Green (6284598 | 98138) are also present; the first time this element has appeared without decoration.
Rare RecoloursWhile it may not bring many exclusive recolours to the table, 71374 does contain numerous hard-to-find elements.
- Technic Pin Connector Plate 1 x 2 x 1 2/3 [Two Holes on Top] in Bright Yellow/ Yellow (6247387 | 32530) which has previously only appeared in 60222 Snow Groomer, and appears twice here.
- Window 1 x 4 x 2 Plane, Single Hold Top and Bottom for Glass in Black (6300355 | 61345) which appears once here, and debuted in 43179 Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse earlier this year.
- Tile 6 x 6 with Bottom Tubes in Black (6155125 | 10202) which first appeared in 76139 1989 Batmobile, and appears in 71374 five times.
- Hose Soft Axle 7 in Bright Yellowish Green/ Lime (6308241 | 32580), which debuted in 42115 Sián FKP 37.
Prints and Stickers
- Tile 2 x 2 with Lime Decoration Print (6319302)
- Tile 1 x 3 with Lime Decoration Print (6319303)
- Tile Round 1 x 1 with Pixelated Coin Print (6322998)
- Tile 1 x 1 Half Circle with Pixelated Koopa Troopa Print (6322996)
- Tile Round 1 x 1 Quarter with Pixelated Mushroom Print (6322984)
- Tile Round 1 x 1 Quarter with Pixelated Goomba Print (6310512)
- Tile 1 x 1 with Pixelated '?' Print (6322991)
- Tile 1 x 1 with Pixelated Star with Eyes Print (6322999)
- Tile 1 x 3 with Lime Decoration Print (6319303), a recolour of Tile 1 x 3 (63864) in Bright Green.
- Tile 1 x 1 Half Circle with Pixelated Koopa Troopa Print (6322996), a recolour of Tile 1 x 1 Half Circle (24246) in Dark Red.
- Tile Round 1 x 1 Quarter with Pixelated Mushroom Print (6322984), a recolour of Tile Round 1 x 1 Quarter (25269) in Light Nougat.
- Slope Brick Curved 2 x 4 x 2/3 No Studs, with Bottom Tubes with '1' and '2' Print (6319304)
- Plate 1 x 4 with Upside-down 'AUDIO' and 'VIDEO' Print (6319322)
- Tile 1 x 6 with 'B' and 'A' Print (6319296)
- Tile 1 x 1 with Light Bluish Gray Stripe Print (6310509)
- Tile 2 x 4 with 'NINTENDO' Print (6319334)
- Tile 2 x 4 with 'SELECT' and 'START' Print (6319335)
- Tile 2 x 2 with Light Bluish Gray Corner Print (6310510)
- Tile Round 2 x 2 with Bottom Stud Holder and Dots around Edge and Light Bluish Gray Line (Volume Knob) Print (6318694)
- Tile 1 x 3 with 'UHF', 'VHF', 'ON', and 'OFF' Print (6319301)
- Tile 1 x 4 with groove and Blue, Red, and Green Squares, and 'CHANNEL' Print (6319298)
- Tile 1 x 4 with Groove and Dark Bluish Gray Square Print (6319338)
- Tile 1 x 8 with groove and Contrast, Brightness, and Volume Symbols Print (6319299)
The rest of the decorated elements are in Dark Bluish Gray. There are three printed elements, and one sticker for use with the LEGO Super Mario electronic figure. These elements are:
- Tile 1 x 3 with 'POWER' Print (6319325)
- Tile 1 x 3 with 'RESET' Print (6319326)
- Tile 1 x 8 with Groove and 'LO TECH' Print (6319300)
- Tile 2 x 2 with TV and Barcode Print (Sticker) (6319294)
Come back tomorrow to see the build and the interesting techniques used! If you're buying this set which is priced £209.99/ US$229.99/ 224.19€DE, consider using our affiliate link: LEGO USA Shop at Home. New Elementary earn from qualifying purchases.
Massive thanks go to our 'Vibrant Coral' patrons: Iain Adams, Font Review Journal, Baixo LMmodels, Andy Price, Anthony Wright, Geppy, Chris Cook, London AFOLs, Gerald Lasser, Big B Bricks, Dave Schefcik, David and Breda Fennell, Huw Millington, Neil Crosby, Antonio Serra, Beyond the Brick, Sue Ann Barber & Trevor Clark, and Kevin Gascoigne. You're awesome!
Amazon USA: Amazon.com Canada: Amazon.ca UK: Amazon.co.uk Deutschland: Amazon.de. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
LEGO® Shop at Home USA: Save up to 30%. See what's on sale!